Metro Manila Film Festival has finally unveiled the last four films that will be a part of the annual festival this year.
The organiser announced the four films on social media on 20 October, writing, “The biggest, most popular and the widely supported and anticipated 48th Metro Manila Film Festival (MMFF) completes its eight 8 official entries with the selection of the 4 finished films from a record high of 22 film submissions.”
“The esteemed members of the Selection Committee headed by the multi-awarded and much respected leader of the film industry Boots Anson-Rodrigo chose the Top 8 based on the following criteria – Artistic Excellence – 40%, Commercial Appeal – 40%, Filipino Cultural Values – 10% and Global Appeal – 10%.”
The four entries to the MMFF 2022 are:
1. DELETER by Viva Communications, Inc.
2. FAMILY MATTERS by Cineko Productions, Inc.
3. MAMASAPANO NOW IT CAN BE TOLD by Borracho Film Production
4. MY FATHER, MYSELF by 3:16 Media Network
Back in July, the festival announced the first four movies based on script submission. The movies were:
1. LABYU WITH AN ACCENT by ABS-CBN Film Productions
2. NANAHIMIK ANG GABI by Rein Entertainment Productions
3. PARTNERS IN CRIME by ABS-CBN Film Productions
4. MY TEACHER by TEN17P