For the second time in two months, Neelofa and husband Haris Ismail will be investigated for possible COVID-19 Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) violation.
The Chief of Police for Nilai district, Superintendent Mohd Fazley Ab Rahman made the announcement on 3 May, saying that his team has begun investigation into the photos and videos of the celebrity couple that were said to have visited a business premise in Nilai 3 on Sunday (2 May).
Said Mohd Fazley, “Investigation documents will be referred to the Deputy Public Prosecutor upon completion of the investigation. It will be conducted in accordance with Section 21A of the Prevention and Control of Infectious Diseases Act 1988 (Act 342) as well as under Regulation 19 of the Disease Prevention and Control Regulations (Measures in Local Areas Conditional Movement Control Infection (No4) 2021 and Section 233 of the Act Communications and Multimedia 1998.”
The former TV personality sparked backlash again last weekend after she uploaded a video on social media, revealing that she was at a carpet store somewhere in the said business centre in Negeri Sembilan. She later removed the said video, but not without it making the rounds among netizens first.
It was just last week that Neelofa and her family were summoned to pay a hefty fine amounting to RM60,000 for violating social distancing protocols at her March wedding. She and Haris were also reprimanded and fined for breaching cross-border travel guidelines when they were caught doing other leisure activities while in Langkawi for business-related matters.
(Photo Source: Neelofa Instagram)