We are back with another segment of Events Not To Be Missed and the month of April is stacked with events all around Southeast Asia!
Make sure you get your planners ready because there are a lot of events that you definitely want to check out.
1. The Lion King Musical in Philippines (1 – 22 April 2018)
Witness Disney’s award-winning musical adaptation of “The Lion King” and sing along to classics like “Can You Feel the Love Tonight” and “Circle of Life”!
Venue: Solaire Resort & Casino’s The Theatre, Manila
2. An Honest Mistake in Malaysia (3 – 19 April 2018)
Drop your pens and notebooks because Malaysian pop punkers An Honest Mistake is going on tour to different colleges around Selangor!
Venue: UCSI University (3 April), Sunway University (5 April), University of Nottingham (10 April), Taylor’s University (13 April), SEGi University (19 April)
3. Sing Jazz in Singapore (6 – 8 April 2018)
Jazz up your weekend at this year’s Singapore International Jazz Festival (Sing Jazz) with headliners Estelle, Jamie Cullum, and Lauryn Hill.
Venue: Marina Bay Sands, Singapore
4. Zedd in Malaysia (6 April 2018)
Grammy award-winning DJ, Zedd will be coming down to Malaysia for the second time to provide cool EDM tunes like “Clarity” and “Stay the Night”.
Venue: KL Live, Kuala Lumpur
5. Hunting For New Voices Competition in Malaysia (7 April 2018)
Try your luck at the “Hunting For New Voices” competition and stand a chance to win cash prizes and OneRepublic concert tickets.
Venue: Berjaya Times Square, Kuala Lumpur
6. Katy Perry in Singapore, Thailand, and Indonesia (8, 10, & 14 April 2018)
In support of her “Witness” album, Katy Perry will be stopping by Southeast Asian regions as part of her ongoing world “Witness the Tour”.
Venue: Singapore Indoor Stadium (SG), IMPACT Arena (TH), Indonesia Convention Exhibition (ID)
7. Bryan White & Endless Summer in Indonesia and Philippines (9 – 10, 12 – 14 April 2018)
American country music singer, Bryan White, is coming to Indonesia and Philipenes with Canadian duo, Endless Summer.
Venue: Aryaduta Bandung Hotel & Hard Rock Cafe Jakarta (ID), Music Museum & Sky Hall Seaside Cebu (PH)
8. The Script in Singapore, Philippines, and Thailand (12, 14, & 28 April)
In support of their latest release, “Freedom Child”, Irish rock trio The Script is bringing their Freedom Child Tour to Southeast Asia with performances scheduled in Singapore, Philippines, and Thailand.
Venue: Singapore Indoor Stadium (SG), SM Mall of Asia (PH), IMPACT Arena (TH)
9. Penang International Food Festival in Malaysia (14 – 29 April 2018)
Satisfy your tummy at Penang International Food Festival with the state’s best food plus some other Malaysian cuisine known outside of Penang.
Venue: Lebuh Pantai (14 – 15 April), Jalan Kelawei (21 – 22 April), Batu Kawan (28 – 29 April)
10. Yung Bae in Thailand (20 April 2018)
Up and coming DJ, Yung Bae will open the Bangkok Arts & Music Month (BAMM) with a performance on 20 April that will keep you dancing throughout the month.
Venue: NOMA BKK
11. Cosmo Pyke in Thailand (25 April 2018)
The Bangkok Arts & Music Month (BAMM) will continue on as Cosmo Pyke is set to perform in Bangkok for the first time.
Venue: EmQuartier, Bangkok
12. Enter Shikari in Thailand and Singapore (25 – 26 April 2018)
Get ready to rock out with British post-hardcore band Enter Shikari as they hit two countries to promote their latest album, “The Spark”
Venue: The Rock Pub (TH), The Substation (SG)
13. OneRepublic in Malaysia (25 April 2018)
Don’t just stop and stare, make your way down to catch OneRepublic live for the second time.
Venue: Stadium Merdeka, Kuala Lumpur
14. Lydmor in Malaysia, Singapore, and Thailand (26 – 28 April 2018)
Discover Danish electronic producer and singer songwriter, Lydmor, as she showcases her brand of electro pop with a hint of feminism.
Venue: The Bee (MY), Decline (SG), Jam (TH)
15. Helloween in Malaysia (28 April 2018)
Celebrate Helloween and their full lineup by rocking out at their final tour together as part of the Soundvalley Festival.
Venue: MAEPS Serdang (Seri Kembangan)
Fresh off his latest album “Hearts That Strain”, English singer Jake Bugg will perform an acoustic set across Southeast Asian countries.
Venue: *SCAPE (SG), The Bee (MY)
17. Lysistrata in Malaysia (28 April 2018)
French post-rock trio Lysistrata will be performing as part of the largest annual French event in Malaysia, Le French Festival 2018.
Venue: The Bee, Kuala Lumpur
18. Crown The Empire in Taiwan (29 April 2018)
Crown The Empire is hitting Southeast Asian shores starting with Taipei and they are bringing Malaysia’s very own Sekumpulan Orang Gila along with them for their “Renogade” tour.
Venue: Taichung Intercontinental Baseball Stadium, Taipei
19. Bruno Mars in Thailand (30 April 2018)
Bruno Mars is kicking off the Asian leg of his “24K Magic” tour in Thailand.Just make sure you don’t leave your Versaces on the floor.
Venue: IMPACT Arena, Bangkok