The MTV Europe Music Awards 2015 (MTV EMAs 2015) will soon take place next month, and the list of nominees for the Best Southeast Asia Act is already out!
MTV has already picked the six best Southeast Asian artistes who will compete for the highly-coveted Best Southeast Asia Act award!
They are; Faizal Tahir (Malaysia), James Reid (Philippines), NOAH (Indonesia), Slot Machine (Thailand), Son Tung M-TP (Vietnam), and The Sam Willows (Singapore).
However, according to MTV EMA official press release, there is one more spot left for the last Southeast Asian act who shall be voted as the seventh “wild card” nominee.
So now, fans from Southeast Asia will have to vote for their favourite local acts by tweeting #MTVEMA along with the contenders’ specific hash tags.
The wild card contenders and their hash tags are as follows:-
- Afgan (Indonesia) – #NominateAfgan #MTVEMA
- Akim & The Majistret (Malaysia) – #NominateAkimAndTheMajistret #MTVEMA
- Nadine Lustre (Philippines) – #NominateNadineLustre #MTVEMA
- Gentle Bones (Singapore) – #NominateGentleBones #MTVEMA
- Thaitanium (Thailand) – #NominateThaitanium #MTVEMA
The chosen wild card nominee will be announced on 15 September 2015.
The 2015 MTV EMAs will be held at the Mediolanum Forum in Milan, Italy on 25 October 2015.
The award for the 2014 MTV EMAs Best Southeast Asia Act went to pop and R&B Filipino singer Sarah Geronimo.