His equally successful debut single “Marvin Gaye”, featuring Meghan Trainor, has also been receiving positive reception.
Recently, the singer has released his latest song called “One Call Away”, which is the second single from his debut album, “Nine Track Mind”.
Since Charlie Puth is now slowly carving his name in the music industry, here are 10 facts about the young singer that you should know:
- You know that scar he’s rocking on his right eyebrow? It was actually caused by a dog bite when he was just 2 years old! Poor little Charles
- He was a high school prankster
- He has worked with the amazing Jason Derulo and Lil Wayne
- Charlie Puth attended Berklee School of Music on a full scholarship, arguably the best music conservatory in all of the United States. As of 2015, 99 Berklee alumni have amassed a total of 229 Grammy Awards between them. Now, isn’t that impressive?
- Charlie Puth’s close friend and fellow Berklee classmate once predicted that Charlie would reach number one on the Billboard Hot 100. According to NJ.com, his soothsayer friend prophesied in 2012 that Charlie was set to reach number one within a short span of time. A fluke, perhaps, but what an accurate one at that!
- Charlie Puth is not the first musician from New Jersey to have made it big. The Jonas Brothers, Frank Sinatra, Bon Jovi, Whitney Houston, Paul Simon and Bruce Springsteen all hail from Puth’s native state.
- His latest single ‘One Call Away” with a gospel-y feel was brought upon him growing up playing the piano every Sunday in Church.
- He wrote ‘Marvin Gaye’ during his first day in LA
- Charlie belongs to a long list of young artists who have posted music on YouTube and became a big hit. He currently has over four million views and nearly half a million subscribers.
- He released his debut single Marvin Gaye in February, 2015 featuring Meghan Trainor. It reached its peak position of #32 in chart of Australia.