According to UK’s Independent news, the actor has climbed to the second spot in the Highest Paid Actors list, after the magazine expanded it to include actors working outside Hollywood.
He was at the 38th spot of the Forbes’ World Highest Paid Celebrities – the only Chinese figure on the list. But when it comes to Forbes’ Highest Paid Actors list, action star Jackie Chan ranks even higher.
The actor, who earned USD50 million last year, only lost to Robert Downey Jr., who is at the top spot for the third time with a whopping USD80 million.
Jackie’s latest film “Dragon Blade” co-starring John Cusack and Adrien Brody, though yet to be released in the US, has already earned USD120 million in China alone, making more than USD10 million for the actor.
The top 10 highest paid actors are as follows:
1. Robert Downey Jr. (USD80 million)
2. Jackie Chan (USD50 million)
3. Vin Diesel (USD47 million)
4. Bradley Cooper (USD41.5 million)
5. Adam Sandler (USD41 million)
6. Tom Cruise (USD40 million)
7. Amitabh Bachchan (USD33.5 million)
8. Salman Khan (USD33.5 million)
9. Akshay Kumar (USD32.5 million)
10. Mark Wahlberg (USD32 million)
(Photo source: jackiechankids.com)