|The restaurant’s main dining room, bar overlooks the waterfront.|
1. We love that the restaurant menu features seasonal produce, so you’re assured of fresh ingredients at its harvesting peak.
2. Modelled after the London version and featuring the same industrial design, the Singapore version of the restaurant-bar is the closest you can get if you haven’t had the chance to visit Bread Street Kitchen London.
3. Expect nothing less than impeccable and prompt service from its wait staff.
4. The desserts are amazing! Must tries include The Parfait with Poached Blackberries (SGD18) and Banana Toffee Pudding (SGD18)
5. Bread Street Kitchen Singapore is helmed by Sabrina Stillhart, an experienced chef who has been with the group for a decade.
|Chef Sabrina Stillhart|
1. Signature dishes such as Shepherd’s Pie and Pork Belly are not wow, while the BSK Burger looks better than it tastes.
2. A side of 5 Tamarind Spiced Chicken Wings costs SGD18 and the Sepherd’s Pie costs SGD38. A tad overpriced in our opinion.
3. Most of the dishes are not unique to Singapore but comes from a “template” menu. A similar concept restaurant by the group in Hong Kong, is said to be offering more or less the same dishes.
4. As a restaurant-bar, the music and noise from other diners can get pretty loud – not the most conducive place for a business lunch or first date.
|Tamarind Spiced Wings|
Our advice is to wait a few weeks for the restaurant to sort out its kinks before parting with your good money. But if you absolutely can’t wait, go check out the desserts first!
|Coffee and White Chocolate Parfait with Poached Blackberries|
|Monkey Shoulder Cranachan Cheesecake with Roasted Balsamic Strawberries|
Bread Street Kitchen
Address: 2 Bayfront Avenue, The Shoppes At Marina Bay Sands, #01-81 Singapore 018792
Contact: +65 6688 5665
Operating Hours: Daily 11.30am-5.30pm, Sun-Wed 5.30pm-10pm, Thurs-Sat 5.30pm-12am
(News source: gratenews.com)