Get ready for one of the most exciting cosplay events in Malaysia which is expected to feature some of your favourite characters from the anime, manga, games and movie world; the Universal Cosplay Convention 2015 (UCC 2015), which will be held at The Place, One City USJ on the 24th of January 2015.
Back in 2010, UCC 2015, formerly known as the Cosplay Ball, was created by veteran cosplayer, costume designer, and owner of Costurera Haberdashery, Venus Lim, and was meant to be a private costume party among friends.
But the party somehow evolved into an open cosplay convention due to high demands from the people outside of the private community.
Now, rebranded and expanded to a more proper cosplay convention, UCC will be a full-day event catered towards the interest of the public.
The event is separated to two segments; Day and Night.
The Day event will be open for public with FREE entrance starting from 10 am – 8pm. The event will feature doujin and merchandise booths, food stalls and figurines exhibition. Furthermore, there will be a runway for cosplayers and a singing competition with cash prizes to be won.
There will also be two cosplay workshops during the event:-
- Cosplay makeup workshop which will be conducted by Akihiko who is a veteran cosplayer and makeup artist from Penang.
- Propmaking workshop which will be conducted by Lyron Aquino, a veteran cosplayer from Philippines.
The Night event will feature the main highlight of UCC which is the Cosplay Ball. The Cosplay Ball starts at 6pm – 11.30pm with tickets priced at RM65 per entry or a special price of RM100 for two tickets.
For the Night event, there will be a buffet dinner, Prom King and Queen Award, lucky draws and the most anticipated part of the event – the Glow in The Dark Concert.
This year, the Glow in The Dark concert will have a combination of local and international acts. The lineup for the concert is as follows:-
- Lightsaber choreography group, FAST
- Rock band, The Crestfall
- All girl acapella trio, Harmonia ACG
- Singer, Johan Yusof
- Stage veteran Huei Chan
- A special performance from Venus Lim
- Serene and Sabrina, a popular girl duo from Singapore
- Aokikuri, former member of JKT48 of Indonesia
- Lyron Aquino, a veteran cosplayer from Philippines.
To get the tickets to UCC 2015, visit the official UCC Facebook Page.
(Photos source: outpostmalaysia.blogspot.com)