Get ready to memorise your routes because Kuala Lumpur City Hall (DBKL) will be renaming eight major roads in Kuala Lumpur after the names of our Yang di-Pertuan Agongs.
Signed by DBKL Corporate Planning manager Dr. Ismail Tapa, the statement was released by DBKL yesterday announcing that the roads are renamed to honour the previous Malay rulers.
The name changes are as follows:-
- Jalan Duta to Jalan Tunku Abdul Halim
- Jalan Khidmat Usaha to Jalan Sultan Haji Ahmad Shah
- Jalan Ipoh (from Jalan Segambut junction to Jalan Pahang junction) to Jalan Sultan Azlan Shah
- Persiaran Duta to Persiaran Tuanku Syed Sirajuddin
- Jalan Khidmat Setia and Jalan Ibadah to Jalan Sultan Mizan Zainal Abidin
- Lebuhraya Mahameru to Lebuhraya Sultan Iskandar
- Persiaran Mahameru to Persiaran Tuanku Ja’afar
- Jalan Semarak to Jalan Sultan Yahya Petra
DBKL will start changing the signboards for the roads starting from tomorrow onwards (26 November 2014)!
(Photo Source: hafizhssn.blogspot.com)