The much-awaited Indie music event, St Jerome’s Laneway Festival or simply known as Laneway, is back once again, marking its 5th year in Singapore.
Gathering a mixture of Singaporean, Malaysian and International Indie bands, the 2015 Laneway Festival Singapore will take place at The Meadow, Gardens By The Bay on 24 January 2015.
The festival first started in Caledonian Lane, Melbourne, Australia, in 2004 and has since expanded to five Australian cities (Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Adelaide and Fremantle) as well as Auckland, New Zealand and Singapore.
The 2014 Laneway Festival was a success with a crowd of more than 10,000 which featured Daughter, Haim, Chvrches, Jagwar Mar, Frightened Rabbit, The Jezabels and more.
|Last year’s Laneway Festival in Singapore.|
|One of the performers from last year’s line-up.|
|The crowd went wild!|
This year, a stronger line-up of performers will be participating in the Singaporean event, as follows:-
- ANGUS & JULIA STONE
- CHET FAKER
- COURTNEY BARNETT
- FKA TWIGS
- FUTURE ISLANDS
- HANGING UP THE MOON
- LITTLE DRAGON
- LYKKE LI
- MAC DEMARCO
- PASTEL LITE
- ROYAL BLOOD
- ST. VINCENT
The dates and venues for the event are as follows:-
- Saturday 24 January – SINGAPORE – THE MEADOW, GARDENS BY THE BAY
- Monday 26 January – AUCKLAND – SILO PARK
- Saturday 31 January – BRISBANE – BRISBANE SHOWGROUNDS, BOWEN HILLS (16+)
- Sunday 1 February – SYDNEY – SYDNEY COLLEGE OF THE ARTS (SCA), ROZELLE**
- Friday 6 February – ADELAIDE – HARTS MILL, PORT ADELAIDE (16+)
- Saturday 7 February – MELBOURNE – FOOTSCRAY COMMUNITY ARTS CENTRE (FCAC) AND THE RIVER’S EDGE
- Sunday 8 February – FREMANTLE – ESPLANADE RESERVE AND WEST END.
For more information, visit singapore.lanewayfestival.com