Someone has finally come out of the closet, though many of us already kind of it knew long before he officially came out, nevertheless, Apple’s CEO Tim Cook has finally confessed to public (in an essay to Businessweek) that he is proud to be a gay man.
Cook explained that even though many of his colleagues, family and friends knew about his sexual orientation, but none of them have ever treated or looked at him differently.
“For years, I’ve been open with many people about my sexual orientation. Plenty of colleagues at Apple know I’m gay, and it doesn’t seem to make a difference in the way they treat me. Of course, I’ve had the good fortune to work at a company that loves creativity and innovation and knows it can only flourish when you embrace people’s differences. Not everyone is so lucky.”
Cook also said that he tried to maintain a basic level of privacy but since Apple is one of the most well-known and powerful companies that are closely watched by the world, it is a given that many would already knew about this.
The reason that Cook decided to come up front about this issue now, is because he feels that his personal privacy has always hindered him from doing something far more important.
Being gay made Cook realise and understand the feelings and lives of the minority groups better, and because of this, he says, it has led him to become who he is today.
“While I have never denied my sexuality, I haven’t publicly acknowledged it either, until now. So let me be clear: I’m proud to be gay, and I consider being gay among the greatest gifts God has given me,” said the CEO of Apple.
Other than Cook, there are plenty more LGBT CEO that you might not know:-
|(Photo Source: theguardian.com)|
1. Nick Denton, CEO of Gawker Media, Cayman Islands-incorporated online media company and blog network.
|(Photo Source: usmagazine.com)|
2. Clive Davis, current Chief Creative Officer of Sony Music Entertainment and former chairman and CEO of the RCA Music Group.
|(Photo Source: businessinsider.com.au)|
3. Robert Hanson, CEO of American Eagle Outfitters, Inc, an American clothing and accessories retailer.
|(Photo Source: tbcmagazine.com)|
4. Tom Ford, American fashion designer and film director who is best known for his turnaround of Gucci.
|(Photo Source: ryanseacrest.com)|
5. Harvey Levin, founder of celebrity gossip website, TMZ.com
(Photo Source: businessinsider.com)