Penang footballer nominated for Puskas 2016
Remember the Malaysian footballer who gained international attention after performing a miraculous kick back in February this year?
Well, the Penang-born player has been nominated for FIFA’s 2016 Puskas award, which is given to the most beautiful goal scored in the world throughout the year.
The 29-year-old Penangite is joining the Top 10 ranks of famous footballers all over the world including Lionel Messi from Argentina, Neymar from Brazil and Hal Robson-Kanu from Wales.
He is also the only representative from Asia!
Here are the nominees for the Puskas award.
- Mario Gaspar (ESP) - 13.11.2015, Spain v. England, international friendly
- Hlompho Kekana (RSA) - 26.03.2016, Cameroon v. South Africa, Africa Cup of Nations qualifier
- Marlone (BRA) - 21.04.2016, Corinthians v. Cobresal, Copa Libertadores
- Lionel Messi (ARG) - 21.06.2016, USA v. Argentina, Copa América Centenario semi-final
- Neymar (BRA) - 08.11.2015, Barcelona v. Villarreal, La Liga (Spain)
- Saúl Ñíguez (ESP) - 27.04.2016, Atlético Madrid v. Bayern Munich, UEFA Champions League
- Hal Robson-Kanu (WAL) - 01.07.2016, Wales v. Belgium, UEFA EURO 2016
- Daniuska Rodríguez (VEN) - 14.03.2016, Venezuela v. Colombia, South American U-17 Women’s Football Championship
- Simon Skrabb (FIN) - 31.10.2015, Gefle v. Åtvidaberg, Allsvenskan league, Sweden
- Mohd Faiz Subri (MAS) - 16.02.2016, Penang v. Pahang, Malaysia Super League
To vote for the Malaysian pride, log on to fifa.com/the-best-fifa-football-awards/puskas-award/.