The Meadow recipe: Thai Iced Drinking Chocolate
Chocolate has always been a craze among many regardless of age and gender. It is simply irresistible, especially if it comes in drink forms!
Mark Bitterman, the famous American food writer and entrepreneur who is the owner of The Meadow, a boutique that specializes in finishing salts and other products, came up with a deliciously sweet-tasting chocolate drink named Thai Iced Drinking Chocolate which is simple, delicious, satisfying and easy to make.
(Photo source: feastportland.com)
Check out the recipe for the drinks taken from Chocolate News.
- 1 cup of water
- 50g of dark chocolate
- 1/2 cup of brewed Thai tea
- 1/2 cup of coconut milk
- 6 tablespoon of sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon of cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon of star anise powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of galangal powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon of cloves
- A pinch of Fleur de Sel
- Pour the water in a small saucepan and warm it up.
- Before the water boils, remove the saucepan from the heat and add in the chocolate.
- Blend the chocolate for 1 – 2 minutes with an immersion blender until it is completely melted and incorporated into the water.
- Mix together the remaining ingredients into the mixture and blend them thoroughly for about 2 minutes.
- Pour the drinks into a glass and add in some ice.
Thai Iced Drinking Chocolate is ready to be served!
(Photo source: chocolatenews.org)